I am really excited because I have just written a module for the part-time Humanities degree. I will be teaching the module at SwanseaUniversity, Dept. of Adult Continuing Education. The preparation course for the degree module will begin on 23rd April 2012 and the part-time degree module will begin in September 2012. I will also be teaching a ‘Pathways to Learning’ course in September 2012 and another in January 2013.
The modules will consider ways in which individuals can be empowered to take responsibility for their own health by embracing both the spiritual and physical aspects of life in conjunction with modern medicine.
Alongside my 21 years experience of working as a nurse along with my doctoral research into near-death experiences, learning about and researching these topics has had a very positive effect on my own life and I plan to pass this on to all who attend the course. I intend each session to be fun and inspiring.
I will be looking at and discussing topics such as:-
- What is the mind?
- Ways in which mind can influence health
- Can mind be extended in space?
- The biology of belief and psychoneuroimmunology
- The correlation between acts of kindness and compassion on health
- NDEs, end of life experiences
- Altered states of consciousness
- Afterlife beliefs in the World’s religions
- Meditation and spiritual practice
- Spiritually transformative experiences (STE)
- Positive transformation following NDEs and STEs
- How technology is leading to a greater understanding of consciousness
These are just a few of the planned sessions that I hope will inspire everyone who attends to read and learn more about these fascinating topics.
For further information check out the link below:
The course I will be teaching is on Page 30 of the booklet. If you’re interested in attending the course contact:-
Paul Dicks 01792 295935 / 295499